Strummer Repair Switch (GH World Tour)
More and more people are reporting that their Guitar Hero World Tour (GH4) guitars are starting to miss strumming inputs (mainly downwards) causing them to miss notes which seriously affects their enjoyment of the game. This kit will fix that problem or improve responsiveness of a sluggish strummer.
This kit includes a replacement microswitch of superior quality and full, detailed, step by step instructions of how to fit it. This can be performed by someone with little or no previous soldering experience in about half an hour and is a very simple and effective way of permanently repairing a GH4 guitar for a fraction of the cost of a replacement (sorry no more news about GH3 guitars yet!).
The guitar is taken apart and a microswitch which is known to fail is replaced with one of higher quality. We have sold hundreds of these kits and the feedback is excellent from all over the world. The repair kit is compatible with Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. Replacement of this switch will ensure every note played is registered by the game and will also help to reduce the annoying clicking from the strummer.
The feedback we have received so far has been amazing:
- switch works much better than orig - a must-have even if yours is working!!!
- Life saver! Repair was simple with help from tutorial, now plays perfectly AA++
- It was easy to install and a perfect fix for wireless guitar.
- fast shipping, easy repair guide, A+++ seller!
- PERFECT, u can c the quality dif between the 2 sw. Now I Can Rock again 🙂 thx
- Fast delivery. Comprehensive instructions. 🙂
Please note The strummer repair kit is for one replacement strummer switch so if your guitar does not strum in either direction then you will require two kits. To order simply select the option on the dropdown list for two strummers.
Strummer Switches FAQ's
- With this work on my guitar?
These switches are compatible with the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar only (same type of guitar as shown in the video)
- Do I get instructions with my order?
Yes, you will receive instructions via email and along with the instructional video shown on this page fitting should be a breeze.
- Do I need any special skills to fit this item?
You will need to be able to use a soldering iron but it really is a simple job and quite manageable for a first attempt at soldering
- What tools will I need?
- Soldering Iron (15 - 30 watts)
- Desoldering Pump (also known as a solder sucker)
- Torx Screwdrivers / bits (T6 &T10) *NEW* our 8 in 1 Torx screwdriver Sets
The solder sucker is optional but advised for those new to soldering.
All of our parts are supplied in protective packaging to ensure they reach you in perfect condition and we keep plenty in stock for rapid dispatch to anywhere in the world
Choose a Currency
Please choose a currency from those shown below, if your local currency is not listed paypal will automatically convert the payment for you. Worldwide shipping is included in the price you see - no extra charges.
Your shopping cart is shown on the column to the right